1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Everett walking on his own

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Dec 7, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

One thing we can all agree on is that this is wonderful news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-everettwalking&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Super.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Watched it live and I really thought he was going to die. Great news.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't really get this. Why wouldn't everyone associated with Everett want this news trumpeted? I understand if Everett doesn't want to be bothered to talk all the time about his recovery, but releasing the news that he's walking hardly strikes me as the kind of thing someone would have to do anonymously.

That strange part of the story aside, though, great news.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Because it should be the family's decision as to how and when the info is released, not the facility. Someone is either trying to impress a reporter or just has a big mouth.
    That said, great news.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I understand that, but why wouldn't the reporter call the family? And if he did, why would the family not want this great news out there?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Isn't Everett kind of a quiet guy, anyway? When he first got hurt I remember hearing how he wasn't comfortable with the media spotlight and didn't want to share all that much because he just isn't comfortable with being a "star" of sorts.

8. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Great news, but this guy had it first.

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Regarding Everett's short appearance before the Bills-Patriots Sunday night game: we were told NBC wanted to do a big feature on him, tape him rehabbing, all that, and he vetoed the idea -- he wanted to send his teammates/Bills fans a message, and agreed to nothing else.

Can't wait to see him walk out of the tunnel before a home game next year; the roar from the crowd will set off the seismographs at UB.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

An early Christmas present from SI's Tim Layden:The Road Back

Draft saved Draft deleted