1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Dubrow, lead singer of Quiet Riot found dead in his home.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you speak the truth flash, no bullshit ... wanna go find a room now?

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Bubbler: I remember your Metal Health thread. I, too, think it's a great song, as I posted then on your thread.

RIP

3. The lights go dim in one-room apartments all over Waukesha tonight.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

"Beast From The East", coming Summer, 1989.

5. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

When I was in 4th grade, I took my new "ghetto blaster" to school right after Christmas for show-and-tell, and I played my new Quiet Riot cassette tape of "Condition Critical" for the class. Specifically, "Winners Take All" and "Stomp Your Hands, Clap Your Feet." All the boys thought it was so cool, and all the girls cringed when listening. The teacher gave me compliments on the stereo and the song, and I can remember her faking her enthusiasm - she wasn't fond of the music. I'll never forget that day. Quiet Riot, along with Van Halen and Michael Jackson, were my first favorite bands as a kid and the first tapes I got.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

How's Britny Fox doing?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Further proving my point!

(Damn I forgot they covered SLADE!!!!)

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

You're slipping in your old age.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

A.) You're older than me.
    B.) And you're slipping! Even Hit Parader wouldn't say "Beast From The East" was coming out in summer 1989...because it came out in fall 1988. Remember? You had the tape! :D :D :D [/extreme inside joke]

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

A.) Number-wise, you've caught up to me.
    B.) DAMMIT! I couldn't remember if it was '88 or '89. That bitch probably stepped all over that tape (along with Paula Abdul, which I gave her as well) and smashed it into a million pieces, just like she did with my heart.

Draft saved Draft deleted