1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Dubrow, lead singer of Quiet Riot found dead in his home.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I guess he was "In a Rush" to see Death.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I interviewed him too (SportsJournalists.com drops its collective jaw in amazement). He got defensive at the very beginning, when I asked what happened leading up to the QR breakup. I think he tried to spin it as a hiatus or a group effort or something...anyway, he was entertaining after that, and 45 minutes later, he took it back to the first question when he said he's just trying to remain positive and look to the future and learn from his mistakes or something.

It was for an entertainment bi-weekly and my editor went to the show (I was living out of state at the time). He said DuBrow said something like "So I read a story about us in [name of publication here]!" and my buddy cringed figuring he was about to say "And it sucked!" Instead, DuBrow said he liked the article and people should read the magazine. So Kevin DuBrow gave me props, sorta.

RIP good buddy. I'll Party All Night in your honor.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I thought it was appropriate that when I turned the volume knob on my stereo tonight, it fell off. :'(

And yes, I was wearing a jean jacket, ripped up jeans and a Quiet Riot T-shirt while laying in bed in my one-bedroom apartment.

Bang your head. RIP again.

4. DuBrow, Taylor.... and the third will be...?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd put him in that threesome of death. Just saying, those are usually reserved for people most people in America could pick out of lineup.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Great Big Sea covered Run Run Away and they're doing just fine (even though you've probably never heard of them. :D )

Was never much of Quiet Riot fan. I was 14 and believed the Hit Parader-contrived rivalry between QR and the Crue.

I was going to grow up and marry Nikki Sixx.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Very ironic: Earlier this year I took part in a satirical variety show in which we performed a takeoff on "Cum On Feel the Noize" (making fun of R.I.'s lieutenant governor, who ran for governor and was virtually the only Democrat in the state to lose last November). We rocked a house of about 1,500 people, and our lead singer delivered a killer Dubrow - dude looks like enough of a middle-aged metealhead to begin with that he didn't need a wig like the rest of us.
    I still remember his radio promo back in the day: "This is Kevin Dubrow, lead throat for Quiiiiiiiiet Riiiiiiiot, and you're listening to 94 HHHHHHHHHHHHHJJJJJYYY! Providence!"

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hit Parader was way ahead of its time. Nowadays we talk about how magazines are dated by the time they hit newsstands. Well, so was Hit Parader, but it didn't have any Internet to worry about. Its information was just hilariously wrong. I swear, every issue between late 1987 and mid-1989, it promised the new Crue would be coming out that month. And it never did (well, it did eventually, but you get my point).

Metal Edge and Circus were a hundred times better. So was RIP. Hit Parader was the bastard child you only read if it was the only mag on the stand.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I had stacks and stacks of ME, Circus and HP. Hit Parader was the Soap Opera Weekly of metal. ME was great for posters and I would have loved Circus if I had been a guitar player ... their instructional information seemed pretty cool.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think the instructional stuff was only a few pages at the back. The rest of the mag was just fine for musically untalented folks such as me!

I'd read Metal Edge at the supermarket when we went shopping with my mom. I liked it because it would profile Night Ranger, even though they weren't really metal.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

If you couldn't rock out to Sister Christian, you weren't a true headbanger.

12. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Strange that on one thread we have an NFL guy with a very checkered past shot to death in his home and it's a great tragedy. But here we have a metal singer, without any sort of checkered past, who died at a fairly young age, also in his home, but with no sign of foul play, and it's a big joke.

Draft saved Draft deleted