1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keurig coffeemakers - Worth the $$$$?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Dec 6, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Great grinder and it makes a great scrambled egg.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Huh. My wife made some noise about wanting a "Magic Bullet" for Christmas, but I don't think it had anything to do with cooking ...

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I guess that's what happens when you have an infected pecker, BurnswhenIPee. :)

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

We got a magic bullet a few years back as a gift. It worked OK, but I was not impressed with how durable it was. We got a Ninja, same thing. Next blender is going to be a Waring.

5. I am starting to wonder about the durability of the Keurig. My wife bought hers last year and I think it may be breaking down.
    It's a lot nosier that usual pulling water from the resevoir and it takes longer to pour through the k-cups.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

As a new coffee drinker the past couple of years -- unbelievable given the business I'm in -- I LOVE my basic Keurig machine. Love.

Dunkin' Donuts pods are great, too!

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

DD pods work in a Keurig machine?

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Dunkin' Donuts coffee is the best coffee ever.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Moddy, there is this adapter thing you can buy for the Keurig (I think it was talked about earlier in this thread) that will allow you to use any pod (or ground coffee, IIFC) in your existing Keurig.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The only thing I've ever had to do to mine is to take a paper clip and ream out the little spout.

And, you have to make sure the pods are getting pierced on the top and bottom when you close it up.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They're new.

Each roaster has to make a deal with Green Mountain (owners of Keurig) to make k-cups.

Both Dunkin' and Starbucks recently began making them. You can buy them at any Dunkin Donuts. They have a nunch of flavored coffee options.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah, and the DD holiday flavors don't suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted