1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keto

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It can be. I've seen other experts suggest 1 gram per pound of your goal weight or lean body mass. That might work better. The idea behind a higher protein intake is that it's more satiating than fat or carbohydrate and it takes more energy to digest. Also, it's tough to stay within your calorie budget and hit your protein goal if you eat a lot of junk.
    Unless you already have kidney disease, there's no real danger to eating that much protein.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I just don't see how you can get that much protein without supplements. I focus on eating protein and am probably around 80g/day on a good day.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

7. Vombatus

Yeah, but it is amazing what you can do with it.

The spaghetti variant is nice.

I’ve still got to try that Trader Joe’s bagel seasoning you all were talking about.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My daughter makes a dish called "to your knees mac and cheese." It is absurdly good and diving in is one of the highlights of my year.
    She told me last night she's making a version this year with cauliflower.
    Not a fan but I'll deal since, for now, this shit is working.

Also, it could be worse. It could be Brussels sprouts. I'll eat feces before I'll eat Brussels sprouts.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Well, if you ever have to do that, maybe lighting a cucumber-scented candle first would help.

10. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

When you've eaten them, how were they prepared? I was recently introduced to roasted Brussels sprouts -- just olive oil, salt and pepper and cooked until they get dark and crispy on the outside and tender but not squishy on the inside. They are fantastic.

OscarMadison and Vombatus like this.
  11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Could possibly be the same recipe and description for roasted feces.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This has come up on here before, and I don't get the brussel sprout thing either. But lots of people hate them, so it has to be a genetic / taste bud thing. I love brussel sprouts. And this time of year, we do pretty much what you described over and over again. No pepper, but cut in half, coated with olive oil and salt, roasted. Put em in the fridge and ready-to-go-snack. Or you can heat them again and eat them as part of a meal. I love the way the they taste, love the texture, just love them.

Draft saved Draft deleted