1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ketchup, the restaurant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 22, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No, we didn't spent the weekend in Hollyweird.

For some reason, the nation's second outpost of the (supposedly) trendy Ketchup restaurant is in Huntsville, Ala. I have no idea why. It's in the same suburban shopping/dining development as another (supposedly) trendy restaurant and bar with Ashton Kutcher ties, Dolce.

You can tell Kutcher has had a role at Ketchup: PBR is on the drink menu.

It's mainly a reworking of American Drive-in Classics. The interior is all red and white and (swinging Austin Powers-style 60s) all over.

The signature appetizer is three kinds of fries (cajun-seasoned shoestrings, sweet potato and parmeson crusted) with five kinds of ketchup (ranging from a sweet yellow all the way through the reds to a red-orange spicy concoction.

Personally, I would have been happier with a big bottle of Heinz.

My wife had chicken mini-tacos ... a dish so cute, somebody ought to show them to Taco Bell.
    I had a decent bowl of chili, but honestly it wouldn't shock me if it came out of a Chunky can.

They had sliders, mac & cheese and other stuff. I'm sure it's all about the same.

Bottom line? OK, now I've been there. It makes a cute story.

But the next time we're in the neighborhood, we're going to the Red Robin around the corner.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pallister has no idea why he just got the shakes.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I had no idea it was supposed to be trendy. I just thought someone came up with a quirky name for an overpriced burger joint.

You aren't missing anything at that Red Robin, BTW.

Draft saved Draft deleted