1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerry endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Does Obama want any part of this?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, hopefully Mike Dukakis and Walter Mondale will be next on the endorsement list... :)

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Mondale already endorsed Hillary.

I'll let you have fun with that.

EDIT: This has to all but end Edwards, though, doesn't it?

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Along those lines, Zeke, I'm intrigued by the fact that Kerry wouldn't stay out of the race until Edwards bailed, even if it were later in the election cycle. This grab for relevance reeks of bitterness to me.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Edwards had to avoid taking any of the blame for not hitting the Swiftboat folks back right away, so he blamed Kerry earlier in the campaign. He said he wanted to, but Kerry wouldn't let him.

Clearly, that pissed Kerry off.

This isn't a huge deal, but it gives Obama a pretty effective surrogate stumper -- along with Governor Patrick -- in Mass.

6. Edwards was right and the Kerry people were wrong.
    I like the junior senator more than most folks here, but this sucks. I think Tim Johnson's a more important endorsement, BTW, if you're arguing for Obama's nomination being better for down-ticket races. Johnson's actually going to be in one of those.

7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I'm not sure how much Patrick's support will mean. I don't get the sense that people are terribly impressed with the no-longer-rookie governor. The best you can say is that, unlike his predecessor, at least he's in the commonwealth more than three days a month.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I guess Obama now has the French vote locked up.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kiss of death.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Deval is in the Commonwealth 4-5 days a month......

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

If I was Obama, I'd want to stay far, far away from Kerry.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Pretty thankless job, being a Democratic veep candidate.

His former party's folks wouldn't pee on Joe Leiberman if he was on fire and now Kerry underscores that even he (eventually, once he got to know him better) didn't think Edwards was qualified to be president.

Yeesh.

Draft saved Draft deleted