1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerry Collins or Vince Young ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 4, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Unless Young physically can't get out of bed, he's starting.

It's not at all like the situation in Washington where the backup quarterback has played his way into the starting lineup after the starter's injury. Frankly, even if Campbell got completely healed in time to get back in there, I think he doesn't see a whiff of action if Collins keeps playing the way he's playing and Washington keeps winning.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Unless, of course, he kills some dogs.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I don't give a shit who starts. What I said was winning the Rose Bowl doesn't mean shit on Sunday and his NFL production has been the equivalent of Jackson.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Unless Fisher has a deal to coach elsewhere we don't know about, Young starts.

5. And all those people have had similar success in the NFL as Vince Young has.
    This is Boom stirring things up and working out his Rhoden issue again.
    Pass.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Collins is awful. Without any receivers, he'll end up throwing the ball to the other team at least three times. Young has had an awful year, and like Reggie Bush will likely never live up to the hype of his rookie season. But he's capable of making big plays (Collins isn't), which is the only way Tennessee wins this game.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So you would trade Jackson for Young? Straight up.

Heck, what if the Titans tossed in a third rounder?

You would make that trade? Right?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I could start at QB for the Titans tomorrow and they'd still win.

Shit-talking Philip Rivers + choking Norv Turner + charmin Chargers = the Titans give the Pats fits next weekend in Foxboro.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

But here's the real question, Beej: Are you willing to stake a year of SportsJournalists.com participation on that claim? :D

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hell no! That's crazy talk!

My bets are a week at a time, tops.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Barsuk, you're talking to the same guy who predicted the Chargers would win the Super Bowl.

Go back to the baseball threads, flip-flopper.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Walk on home, boy.

(Yeah that was a fuck-up on my part, picking the Chargers, but what can you do? blow it out your ass!!!)

Draft saved Draft deleted