1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerry Collins or Vince Young ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 4, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It proves that he has NFL-talent and can win a big game. Plus, he is not 37 or something years old.

2. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Don't forget Charlie Ward. Although he did have a relatively successful pro career, but in a different sport.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Norv Turner will find a way to Marty Schottenheimer Sunday's Wild Card game.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Charlie Ward was also drafted by the Brewers and Yankees.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Proves nothing on the pro level. Nothing.

Vince Young equates to Tavares Jackson on the NFL level. Look at the numbers. Both suck.

6. 93Devil

So everyone here trashing Young starts Kerry Collins.

You throw your young franchise QB under the bus in his second season.

Not even two seasons, and he is done.

Don't tell me the benching him for this game won't hurt your relationship with this player down the road either.

You wanna trade LenDale White for Alexander? How about bring Eddie George back?

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Right on all counts.
    Even if Young loses this game, let him get his first playoff start over with. He's the future QB of this team for the next 5 years, NO. MATTER. WHAT. HE. DOES. as long as he has both legs.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think you've got to start Young. Chances are, as the wild-card winner -- and have the Patriots most likely down the line -- you're not going to win the Super Bowl anyway. Why not instill some confidence in Young?

9. 93Devil

Do I think they made a bad decision by drafting him that high? Yes.

But you have to go with the decision made and let it play out. I could be wrong, and Young could turn into Steve McNair. You have to deal with the growing pains.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jeff Fisher is not going to make a decision like that. The NFL is about winning every game. He owes it to each player on that team to put the best QB on the field for that day. If Kerry Collins is the more productive player then he should play. Ive not watched the Titans enough to have an opinion but I do respect the judgement of Bill Cower who feels that Collins should start.

11. 93Devil

"You can lose with me, but you can't win without me."

If Cowher said that about benching Young, he needs to look at Steeler history a bit. I think this famous line now applies to the Titans.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of Kerry Collins - for the same reason as expendable - but if vince Young isn't ready, the Titans seem to have confidence in Collins. And FWIW, he does seem to have learned his lesson from the way he grossly mishandled matters in Charlotte.

Draft saved Draft deleted