1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerry Collins or Vince Young ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If it turns out to be Collins its a decision that is sure to put William Rhoden on edge. All signs seem to be pointing toward Jeff Fisher choosing Collins who has been the more effective QB for the Titans.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Young has to start unless he is physically unable.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

LOL

"All signs seem to point to..."

Not from here in Nashville, they don't. Maybe you've been listening to Collins on WFAN too much.

VY is the starter if he's marginally healthy, as Collins himself insisted yesterday. There is no controversy.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who cares, they have no one to throw to. Roydell Williams and Bo Scaife are out. Williams tied for the team lead with 55 catches, Scaife was third with 46. That leaves Justin Gage (55 catches) and Eric Moulds (32 catches) as the top receivers.

They'll be lucky to score six points.

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I think, as undermanned as the Titans are, this game will be a lot closer than people expect. I'm not enamored with Philip Rivers and even less so with Norv Turner's coaching abilities, plus the fourth quarter of last year's playoff game against the Pats makes me wonder about the Chargers' maturity and mental toughness in big spots.

The Chargers would really have to give this game away to lose, so I think they will pull it out. But there will be some very, very nervous moments on Sunday.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Physically unable equating to he has lost at least one arm or leg , or both.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Vince won the Rose Bowl for a title with UT.

He starts the big games in the NFL.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I agree with you. The Chargers will somehow find a way to allow Tennessee to stay in the game. Whether Collins starts or if it's Young. Not that any body asked, but I'd go with Young. But I'm also still holding a grudge against Collins from his days in Carolina.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The Chargers of late and playoff victories don't mix.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If you don't think the Chargers will find a way to put this game somewhere near ShitTheBed City, then you haven't watched the Chargers in the postseason.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Yes because winning a National Title equates to success in the NFL. Ask Danny Wuerffell, Chris Weinke, Josh Heupel, Matt Mauck, Chris Leak and Ken Dorsey.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Vince Young is the most exciting and charismatic player in the history of the NFL never to have served time in a Federal Correctional Facility.

If Bill Rhoden owned the Patriots he would trade 3 first round draft choices and Tom Brady for Vince Young. Rhoden would also never have a punter on the roster since Vince Young would score a touchdown on every possession.

Draft saved Draft deleted