1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerrville (TX) Daily Times SE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Sawker, Mar 9, 2008.

1. healingman

healingman Guest

OK, here's some stuff on Kerrville. The ME and the photo editor are wife and husband. They have a track record of running people off that they don't like. Period. The ME has the publisher in the palm of her hands (sort of).

I have worked both in Kerrville and Killeen. I knew the SE before this other guy who is now going to Killeen. Good for the guy going to Killeen.

I am with Cougargirl on this one: Stay away from Kerrville. Yes, it's an awesome place to visit and -- if you have money -- retire. It is beautiful. Hill Country is awesome.

The situation may be better nowadays in Killeen.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

retire in kerrville? yeeeah. all over that one.

3. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

As if newsrooms weren't disfunctional enough, you gotta love it when they throw in a dash of nepotism! Many photogs seem to be a little on the self-important side, now put him in the pants of someone in power and you get for a great environment!

Draft saved Draft deleted