1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kentucky fans upset with Jerry Tipton

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, May 9, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The more I read that comment the more I'm thinking it was.

But still ... why would anyone let a UK booster run the show on TV or over the radio?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm assuming it was just a radio host who is very pro-Kentucky. I don't think "booster-host" was meant literally.

Jesus.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

OK. Now I get it.

Forgive me ... it's been a long damn day.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

TRUE BLUE COVERAGE!!!!

When their reporters wear UK stuff to games, just unfreakin' believable.

5. ECrawford

ECrawford Member

Actually, in my opinion you can take "booster-host" literally. The guy started his own web site, and then, as often happens, wound up with a radio show. He's not a sports radio guy who has his own talk show. He's got a web site and, by virtue of that, got himself a radio show where, no doubt, he's responsible for bringing in a percentage of the advertising himself.

I'm not sure of the particulars of his radio deal. But he'd definitely fall in the category of "booster" if he didn't have a quasi media affiliation.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fair enough, Eric. I'm long gone from Kentucky and didn't listen to talk radio when I did live there. So I will take you at your word, and apologize for misreading.

Assumed you just meant one of the many sycophants.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I love that this blogger is now calling on UK fans to boycott some LHL advertisers. Like UK fans needs any more encouragement to be irrational.

Fucking fuckface motherfucker.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It'll never happen, but I wish the paper would say, "Cancel your subscriptions? We thought we lost you assholes when we won our Pulitzer."

9. It can only give that impression to a fan (or coach), not to an objective observer, such as a reporter. Fans get whatever impression suits their narrow interests. It's a fair question to ask recruits. If your paper or beat writer think it's a legitimate recruiting issue and you're going to cover recruiting, you're failing in your job if you don't ask such questions. Screw the impression it gives people. If we worried about what people think, we'd never write anything.

10. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

I think your blogger might know the artist that created the masterpiece below that I first saw here:

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=114197263&mid=114197263&sid=888&style=2

[​IMG]

11. ECrawford

ECrawford Member

The whole thing is just sad, and has gone long past just being annoying. Word is that Tipton has gotten death threats and faced other harassment.

Sickening.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's time to reexamine the Emery Air Freight cash envelopes . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted