1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kentucky fans giving bowl tix away... for a great reason

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

As much as I love to rip on UK fans, I have to give them props. Some of them anyway.

UK fan wants to make sure Marty Moore attends the Music City Bowl (FYI -- Moore had a Buckner-esque moment to end his career against Kentucky, coincidentally in a bowl game against Clemson). After the fan learns that Moore already has a ticket, he decides to give up a pair for a father and son. His father would pick the winner out of the submitted stories on fathers and sons.

He's besieged with stories, and now others are offering up their tickets as well.

It's a great gesture, and hopefully it will create many great father-and-son moments.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061221/SPORTS03/61221041

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I forgot to look -- did that little radio slut take off an item of clothing for each UK win this year?

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

No, the schedule was set up for UK to succeed this year. Thus, no need for Kitten.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

There was never any need for her last year.

And can you imagine what they'll do next year with the schedule the way it is?

Draft saved Draft deleted