1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kentucky Derby 137

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, May 3, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

With the right combination of exactas and trifectas and bankroll you can.

Hell, I'm looking at 10 horses in a trifecta right now. I'll trim it down before I wager, but I'll still have eight or so horses in play.

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

See: Lookin At Lucky

3. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

"Bet" was the wrong verb. I meant "pick." Those were my picks in the paper (I'm not a handicapper, it was a column).

I will have some serious spread working on my exotics. $80-$100 can finance many $1 tri and exacta boxes, with some left over for home run swings on win-place-show stuff.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That wasn't exactly a six-horse field Ferdinand beat. Of course, if Shoe had blown that race, Charlie Whittingham might have thrown him off the CD roof.

The rail might have cost Risen Star the Triple Crown.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I've eliminated eight horses from all my wagers and I've got Nehro, Archarcharch and Mucho Macho Man on top in all my exotics.

Good luck to one and all.

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Good luck, everybody. Sombody crush one over the fence.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I spent $63 between myself and my brother and got 10 tickets out of it.

Brother's picks:
    $1 tri box: Stay Thirsty, Shackleford, Midnight Interlude
    $1 tri wheel: Nehro w/Archarcharch, Stay Thirsty, Dialed In, Midnight Interlude w/the same 4 on the bottom
    $1 tri wheel: Stay Thirsty w/ Pants on Fire, Dialed In, Animal Kingdom w/ Brilliant Speed and those same 3
    $1 tri wheel: Dialed In w/ Brilliant Speed, Nehro w/Brilliant Speed, Pants on Fire, Derby Kitten, Nehro
    $1 super wheel: Nehro w/ Dialed In w/ Stay Thirsty w/ Archarcharch, Decisive Moment
    $1 tri wheel: Nehro w/Pants on Fire, Soldat w/ Twice the Appeal, Pants on Fire, Animal Kingdom, Soldat
    $2 win on Stay Thirsty
    $9 show on Nehro

My bets:
    $1 tri wheel: Dialed in w/ Stay Thirsty, Pants on Fire w/ Stay Thirsty, Pants on Fire, Derby Kitten, Nehro
    $5 show on Nehro

My dad's pick (he gave it to me after I left Keeneland, so no bet):
    tri wheel: Master of Hounds w/ Dialed In, Santiva, Midnight Interlude, Nehro w/ same 4 on bottom

I think the only horses who didn't hit our ticket somewhere were Comma To the Top, Twinspired, Mucho Macho Man and Watch Me Go.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

There's still time.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My parents live 75 minutes from Keeneland. No more time. :D

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm beginning to think it might be time for a horse which didn't race at 2 to win.

Awaiting further intelligence.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Won't be betting on today's race. First one in a while that I won't be.

12. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

IJAG, our buddy Albarado is not looking too good. I was in the winner's enclosure after he won the Humana Distaff, and his face is a mess. Two black eyes and black-and-blue and red splotches all over his face. Pretty ugly. I'd post a photo, but my transfer program crapped out.

Draft saved Draft deleted