1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kentucky basketball caught cheating ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Hmmm, I seem to recall Corey Maggette being ineligible to play at Duke. Yet he played at Duke. And the crickets continue to chirp at NCAA headquarters, 10 years later.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I understand the "smaller school, smaller budget" argument, but it continues to behoove me on how D-II and D-III schools have way smaller budgets and not get into that much trouble dealing with ineligible players.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If Ron Hunter were wearing shoes, he'd throw one at an IUPUI administrator over this.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You mean like USC?

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Yeah. Those were some sanctions that Reggie Bush got them.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was just about to point out that if you're going to be that flagrant a rule-breaker it's probably not a good idea to be located only a 10-minute walk from the NCAA office.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

gotta love Title IX

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

EwEpooE has 14 sports?

9. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

A fat guy on a Rascal would take 10 minutes. You could walk it in 5.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

When West Georgia got dinged a couple months back -- they only had 11 sports involved -- this was exactly the idea that came to mind for me. Instead of a full-time compliance person, they had a coach on staff for whom compliance was "other duties as assigned." Wouldn't surprise me to find out that this is widespread at the D-II and D-III levels. Shouldn't happen at the D-I level.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Not only does IUPUI have 14 sports, slappy, it's got NCAA champion women's platform diver Chen Ni. Bitches.

12. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

For a moment I thought we had an addition to the unfornate name list [/crossthread], but then I saw that 'Ni' was followed by a period.

Draft saved Draft deleted