1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kenny Mayne

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yep.

Still curious as to why he didn't get the Cardinals OC job........Denny interviewed him, and said he was basically a lock.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Beat they asses badly is what he did. Very impressive performance.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Why did the Mayne-Patrick partnership for the 11 p.m. SC flame out? ESPN was hyping the hell out of them following their falling out with Keith Olbermann.

(Sorry if I'm D_Bing ... just never heard an explanation, official or otherwise)

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

ESPN hasn't been the same since Craigers left the 2 a.m. "feel-good" Sports Center.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Kenny was a sub-standard Marine.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I thought Mayne got busted when he reported a college basketball score and said: "ESPN's David Aldrige confirms Ohio State beat Akron 71-59."

Not quite as funny as the Stuart Scott line but still funny, if the urban legend is true.

7. Songbird

That Aldridge line is pretty funny.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Kilby and Ravech were the only reasons to be conscious at 2 am.

9. Songbird

I didn't watch much of Craig Kilborn's show, but I know he was tall and played ball at Montana or Montana State. Was he any good? Any youtube video of him?

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I sat next to Mayne in an NFL pressbox a few years ago.

Nice enough guy, but really seemed to be into himself. He arrived right before kickoff along with a producer and almost immediately began messing with a co-worker of mine who was sitting next to me doing our internet stuff (live play-by-play and audio). He was literally reaching over and pressing the buttons on the guy's keyboard and stupid stuff like that. I chatted a little with Maybe between the first and second quarter.

At halftime Mayne and his producer had left to get something to eat. My co-worker turns to me during this time and asks, 'Is that Rich Eisen?' in a serious voice. I laugh, say no, and when Mayne returns, I tell him, 'Hey, my buddy thinks you're Rich Eisen,' and expect Mayne to laugh. Instead, he gets PISSED. Seriously pissed. Yells something to the effect of, 'How the hell can he think I'm Eisen?' at his producer and stalks off, never to return.

Weird, but hilarious.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Mayne loves the track. He may have been busted, but he's not sorry he's trackbound . . .

12. Greetings from just back from Saratoga.

Missed Kenny Mayne but had a hell of a time. Didn't even bet the Travers because the favorites were such chalks. If you go to Saratoga during racing season buy the blue sheet - good tips.

I would like to mention that this week happens to be the 153rd anniversary of the "invention" of the potato chip which originally were called Saratoga chips.

http://large-regular.blogspot.com/2006/08/potato-chips-today-is-unofficial.html

I would post a "Ask Drunk Chris" thread but the Sox are on the West Coast, Moddy doesn't like those threads and besides most of the people here are truly idiots and wouldn't get the humor.

Bite me Aquaman Buck

Draft saved Draft deleted