1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kenny Mayne on the late Sunday SportsCenter...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boobie Miles, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Good God.

That's SJ's version of the Monty Python Killer Joke. You cannot read that sentence and not go insane in some way.

I'm too far gone already. I have this vision of a naked Hondo begging Cohn to pee on him because, "I'm a bad Muslim! Punish me! Cleanse me with your Christian urine!"

That's not normal.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What they should do is get Craig Kilborn back and team him with Mayne.

Kilborn's "Late Night Feel Good" SportsCenters were the best.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Don't have script notes in front of me, but recall he did make some cracks which left portions of the Olde Guarde aghast.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The comedic value of the line that got him canned, IIRC, is in the "eye" of the beholder.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

... You know, if it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have gotten into college.

6. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

I was half-listening to the SportsCenter re-run while working on my PC this morning, and he actually caused me to look up at the TV to see what the hell was going on. That seldom happens when I''m around the TV, and never when SportsCenter is on.

As I watched the re=run of the re-run later in the morning, Mayne struck me as somewhere between bored out of his mind and pained to have to being his gig on the WWL.

I'll bet "tortured genius" gets thrown around when he burns out in five years and people start doing the post-mortem on his career.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bubbler makes a last-ditch attempt at post of the year.

What's even funnier than the imagery is you got her religion wrong. She's Jewish. Too bad. "Cleanse me with your Jewish urine!" sounds even funnier.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Cleanse me with your Judeo-Christian urine is even better.

I kind of wondered if Cohn was Christian after I posted. Figured someone would catch me on it.

Doesn't matter. Hondo's not discriminating about his piss, so long as it spews forth from someone who follows a western religion.

If I had a sitcom, I'd do a tribute to the All In The Family episode where Archie gets a blood transfusion from a black man, by having Hondo assume he's being pissed on by a Christian, when in fact, it's a Muslim, or Buddhist or Taoist or Cargo Cultist. Something like that.

See. I'm still insane from Hondo's original mental image he planted on us.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but this is one piss-poor (or pour) thread. ;D

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That's still one of my favorites.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Know he did a few, earlier this decade, and recall seeing a report from the January '05 awards that they ran a taped segment of him noting that (while
    other duties were keeping him away), he would miss "being around a lot of rich, drink people".

I think that was sorta funny, but maybe not everyone did.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

This thread is about one pee-joke from going to R. Kelly-land.

Draft saved Draft deleted