1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kenny Chesney No Shoes Nation Tour

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Coming to Met Life. Have never been to country concert but The Jets give the
    opportunity to PSL holders to buy "VIP" seats.

Anyone got a take on Chesney concert? Worth going?

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I'll never do that again. [/rileycooper]

Seriously, haven't been to one, but I'm guessing he does a kick ass live show.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"The security guard is a N_____!!" - Blazing Saddles

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not sure I get the reference and how it applies to Chesney but it made me laugh
    being a fan of Blazing Saddles.

5. Humungus

Humungus Member

if you like crackers and shitty music

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Chesney shot a video in my area about three years ago. Never spoke to him but I did get to watch some of the filming. All I got.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Philly stop on this tour got lots of buzz. There were local VIP sightings, so much that it was tough to get back stage.

I say, get your shit kicking boots and bandana on, and go.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Chesney was co-featured with Tim McGraw at Angel Stadium last summer. Hugh show (nearly 6 hours), really good, but very expensive. He was back last week with Eric Church. A review I read said that Chesney did the exact same show he'd done the year before in the same venue. Church stole the show with a playlist of mostly liquor-infused songs.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

When did Kenny Chesney go country?

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I like Eric Church, would love to see him in concert. Chesney's supposed to be good in concert, I've never been to one of his, but been to a few smaller country music concerts and a music festival with Reba, Lonestar and a few other pretty big names back in the early 2000s. If you like country music, it's worth going.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only difference between country and pop music is a steel guitar or banjo, a twangier vocal, and the word "truck" inserted somewhere. In other words, no real difference.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Hair metal with a fiddle

Draft saved Draft deleted