1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kennedy Assassination: 24 Hours After

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

There will never be complete clarity or agreement as to what actually happened on that day in Dallas. And as those who potentially have a voice on what did or didn't transpire pass on, the chance of knowing the truth becomes more and more remote.

You can put me in the camp of conspiracy. Way, way too many unanswered questions to the whole Oswald alone theory. If you want a good reference on the conspiracy view, check out "High Treason" by Livingstone and Groden. Should at least make you ponder a little, especially the variance in the autopsy findings between the Dallas and Bethesda doctors.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Correction: He would've gotten away with it had it not been for the bullet in Jack Ruby's revolver.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Re: Ruby/Oswald.

It still amazes me, with all the criticism now directed at the abundance and intrusiveness of modern media, that it was back in 1963 that networks brought the murder of a man, live, into our living rooms. On a Sunday morning no less.

Guess there was no turning back from that point.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Isn't any plane the president flies on automatically Air Force One?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

As far as I know. In that instance, you had two presidents, one dead, one alive. l believe AF1 would be the one with the living president on board.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yes, old, discredited, incorrect "information." Has nothing to do with age, only paying attention. You find me a current "history book" (not some self-published conspiracy pamphlet, an actual history textbook) that says JFK was shot from asphalt level, I'll buy you a steak dinner.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Don't want the steak dinner. Give the donation to your favorite charity.
    The theory that I speak about has been discussed before so it's not new. I'm not a forensic scientist but know what I've seen from the Zapruder film. I know what I remember from the incident. It's just a theory that made sense to me just like the grassy knoll.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Arnold, for what's it worth, in Bill Bonanno's book, "Bound By Honor", he wrote that Johnny Roselli told him that he had shot Kennedy from a storm drain on Elm Street. Cetainly, not a textbook, but in writing nonetheless.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The 25th Amendment was not introduced in Congress until 1965, and ratified in 1967.

It was primarily inspired by the confusion over what the actual line of succession would have been if by some means LBJ had been removed from the office. In addition, the survival of Connally and the autopsy reports that absent the final head shot JFK might have survived, despite serious injuries, was the main driver behind putting in a specified procedure under which a seriously wounded or incapacitated president could be formally replaced by a specified legal process.

Prior to the ratification of the 25th Amendment, there was no formal procedure by which a president incapacitated by injury or illness could give up power, other than actual resignation.

10. And Bonar Mennigner's book on the assassination reached the conclusion that Kennedy was also shot at ground level ... accidentally by a the secret service detail in the car behind him. Menninger theorizes/claims the secret service agent stood up after the first shot, but the guy driving either braked or gunned the engine (I don't remember which), throwing the agent off balance. With the safety off, the gun went off and the shot accidentally struck Kennedy.

There are a million theories out there, but nothing solid enough (IMO) to substantially disprove the Warren Commission ... until Drip.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

For starters, I didn't like the Warren Commission's single bullet theory. They had a young hard ass named Arlen Specter talking for the Commission. I thought he was crazy then and he has since proved me correct.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The Badge Man says keep looking for the storm drain shooter.

Draft saved Draft deleted