1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ken Burns Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Things that make you go "hmmmmm?"

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

They're not the same person. Lisa told me.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nobody fucks with baseball ... or Doc.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Agreed. But it's 2,632 consecutive games. ;)

Props to anyone who can get the number of the Japanese player's streak that Ripken broke in 1996 without looking it up ...

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

2 that are more unbreakable in baseball -- single-season wins, career wins..

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Aw, damn it.

I know Oh's home run total, but not the games record.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Buck, my guess is 2,205 -- just a shot in the dark, figuring Ripken would have to have played at least 2,160 by the end of 1995.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Pretty close. It was 2,215, by Sachio Kinugasa. Ripken played his 2,216th straight in Kansas City on June 14, 1996.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Buck I honestly think you know all this off the top of your head. You are a true ManGenius.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll be damned. I doubt I'll ever remember that. In baseball tryouts in high school, I was the only one of 75-plus guys to correctly answer this question from my coach: Who is Sadarahu Oh? At 17, I knew the years he played and how many home runs he hit. One of the proudest moments of my life, however sad that may be.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Praise from Caesar.

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Then shortly after you were cut? Just kidding, thats really cool not a lot of people would know who he was especially at 17.

Draft saved Draft deleted