1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kelvin Sampson at it again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

At this rate, Jesse Helms may be knocked off his pedestal as "Most Embarrassing Person Association with North Carolina."

Take a bow, Mr. Sampson.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I saw one fanboi suggest Scott Drew to replace Sampson. As a product of the Indiana University system, and as one (of many) whose dealings with his father Homer have been nothing but pleasant and professional, I heartily agree. My god, the guy turned around Baylor after freakin' Dave Bliss. Add the home-state connection, and I can't imagine anyone else who would be so warmly received, even by the hardcore Knight crowd.

3. I don't think obeying NCAA regulations -- if you assume that he did -- makes up for being publicly violent.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

No reason for Drew to leave Baylor, though.

Not this year, but next year, Baylor could contend in the Big 12. Seriously.

Texas is beatable, hell, Kansas is beatable.

If KU doesn't hit everything they look at the other night, Baylor beats them.....IN LAWRENCE.

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Agreed, but Indiana is still Indiana and Baylor is still Baylor. If Drew does not make that move he's saying he's happy there the rest of this life, which he could well be, I suppose.

Sampson has to be fired and it has to happen soon. There's just no way he makes it until spring. They can't just go off and fire him within hours of the report ... that's the kind of thing that gets you sued, but after all the suits get together, his ass will be looking for a spot in the MEAC with his dirty buddy Todd Bozeman. Then again, he should probably be looking at a couple year ban from the game, ala Bozeman and Kermit Davis.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Perhaps to avoid a lawsuit, they can shuffle Sampson within the IU system.

Hey, Kelvin, how do you feel about reviving the IU-Kokomo program?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He could play Dane Fife and IPFW in a battle of styles: the up-and-coming coach vs. the down-and-left-for-dead.

8. Bob Kravitz of the Indy Star weighs in.

Gotta love his lede: This is what happens when you hire sleaze.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080214/COLUMNISTS01/802140501/

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Kravitz basically re-wrote what he wrote last fall when this came to light. I'm with him more on this than when he pontificates about Tony Dungy's family life.

Draft saved Draft deleted