1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kelvin Sampson at it again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That should be it for Sampson. Of course that won't happen, but my point is he didn't learn a thing from the last time he did it.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's a really nice gesture by Sampson. Real class move.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He's an embarrassment to North Carolina natives. Before all is said and done, Bloomington may wish they had either endured Bob Knight or even Mike Davis. Sampson will drag that program through the mud with the NCAA, and give the natives almost-unwatchable basketball to boot.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But since when was Bloomington a basketball town anyway? When I think of Hoosiers, I think baseball.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Sounds like a minor violation but still inexcusable considering its similarity to what he was busted for at Oklahoma. I will hand it to IU, though, this was discovered through its own self-monitoring and I imagine many programs would not have self-reported this one. The Indiana athletic department has had a remarkably clean record the last 40 years or so in terms of NCAA issues, but they may've pissed that reputation down the river with one hire in Sampson.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

When I think of Kentucky, I think football.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Who doesn't?

8. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

When I think of South Florida, I don't think football.

Or Tampa, for that matter.

And then when I think of Kelvin Sampson, "genius" doesn't spring to mind.

9. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Kansas, too.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I think Mons Venus

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When I think of Michigan, I think of the positive contributions the Fab Five made to college basketball

Draft saved Draft deleted