1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kelsey Grammar...My God

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have always thought of Kelsey Grammar as being a good, if not great, television actor who had various substance abuse problems. Sort of whatever, in this day and age. But had I known this guy's personal history, HOLY SHIT! I would have done far more drugs than he ever did...I had heard about his poor sister, but when you add the rest of it...

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/sweettalk/2008/02/shark-week-continues-with-kelsey-grammar-school.html

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Jesus, that's more than any one person should have to endure in a life.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I mean, shark attack? Seriously? Both brothers? How the fuck does that happen?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

him alling lilith a slut was one of the true tv moments of the last 25 years.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I like
    mash up of the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Cause and Effect."

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Perhaps he was the real-life inspiration for Andy Sipowicz

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

From Wikipedia ...

Grammer was born in Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands to Sally Cranmer, a singer,[1] and Frank Allen Grammer, Jr., a bar owner and musician.[2] His parents' marriage ended when he was young; his mother took him to live with her, and he was partly raised in New Jersey by his maternal grandparents, Evangeline Dimmock and Gordon Cranmer. His family life has been plagued by repeated tragedies. In 1968, when Grammer was thirteen, his father, whom he had only seen twice since his parents' divorce, was murdered on the front lawn of his home in the U.S. Virgin Islands;[2] in 1975, his sister was raped and murdered after being abducted outside a Red Lobster restaurant in Colorado Springs, Colorado where her boyfriend worked.[3] In 1980, his twin half-brothers were killed by a shark in a SCUBA diving accident.[4][5] He has sworn to prevent his sister's murderer from being paroled.[6]

Good God.

I'll never make fun of Kelsey Grammer again. Life took a shit on him and he kept going and came out strong.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I mean, the guy does comedy sitcoms for a living. How do you even remember what humor is, after all of this?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And he dodged another one ...

Kelsey took two years off work to care for third wife Camille Donatacci, a former Playboy model, when she nearly died from a gastrointestinal disorder in 2004. The couple married in 1997 and have two children, both born to a surrogate mother.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Weird.... I had read many times that he went to the ultra-prestigious Pine Crest School in Fort Lauderdale and that one of his relatives was murdered in their house there.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's about the only thing I didn't find.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cheers is home to some sad back stories.

Isn't Woody Harrelson's father a convicted murderer?

Draft saved Draft deleted