1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kelly Kulick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jan 25, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

"not a sport" says a guy who covers golf. Guess he would know what's not a sport.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Thanks.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

I did a column a ways back .. intended to be humorous, but it pissed off quite a few people back in the day. My definition of a sport was as follows: "If you can drink, smoke, or both while playing it ... it's not a sport."

Of course, that eliminated bowling, golf, pool and darts. I heard from those folks... :D

They were almost as funny as the people in Texas who wanted us to cover Little Miss Kickball the same way we covered Little League.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

8 p.m. Central.

A truly impressive AND dominating performance as well ... not only during the TV show, but all week in qualifying and match play. She was pure nails in the title match against Chris Barnes. Worth checking out the replay.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So the NHL is not a sport?

6. fishhack2009

Okay let's revise that a bit.

If it's on ESPN, it's a sport. However, other sports not on ESPN are also sports. One example of this is hockey.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

ESPN doesn't pay quite as much attention to it since it's no longer on ESPN, though?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fishhack fails. Soccer is on ESPN. Therefore, not everything ESPN televises is a sport. :D :D :D

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Does ESPN pay any attention to hockey? On the air, I mean?

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

And I agree with this post:

Absolutely.

11. fishhack2009

That's no doubt true. I don't think there's a "Hockey Tonight" show on the schedule anywhere these days. Hockey talk seems pretty scattershot.

But apparently the WWL thinks it still carries hockey. From Barry Melrose's page:

Former NHL player and coach Barry Melrose is a studio analyst for NHL telecasts on ESPN and ESPN2. During the Stanley Cup Finals, he provides pre-game, post-game and intermission analysis. Melrose appears regularly on ESPN2's NHL 2Night.

Fail.

12. fishhack2009

Oh, be quiet... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted