1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Dec 6, 2006.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Mr. Soul Patrol got some run with a live spot on one of the morning shows yesterday - his CD is coming out, apparently.
    I am officially tired of Carrie Underwood.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Carrie's grown on me. That "Jesus Take the Wheel" song made me want to kill, but the follow-up ("Don't Forget to Remember Me") and her new one "Before He Cheats" are both really solid. She has a good, powerful but sweet voice.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

And she seemed to lose some of that 'baby fat'—if you want to call it that. Meaning, she was pretty damn beautiful during American Idol and really didn't need to lose any weight. As for my number one, Kelly Clarkson, hot damn.

4. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

Carrie Underwood makes Kelly Clarkson look like Ruben Studdard.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

To be fair, Jennifer Hudson was booted earlier than she should have been...

I'm surprised people think Kelly Clarkson is unattractive... I think she's very cute...

6. Madhavok

Obviously Underwood has her in the looks department (that's a given, thanks for the heads up on that one...) but there's just something else about KClarkson...eh I dunno. Underwood is drop-dead gorgeous...seriously, she's an effing studette.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I stand by what I wrote before the AI finale last spring: There is no show, in the history of the medium, that carries a network like American Idol does Fox.

Look at Fox's ratings for this fall. They're horrible, a distant fourth. Take away the NFL, and they're worse than the WB or CW or whatever the hell that network is called now.

In May, Fox will be first among the 18-34 demo, and probably second in total viewers, because the same damn thing happened last year. (Yeah, 24 will help the ratings, but not even a fraction as much.)

I have great interest in this show, even though I rarely watch it. For me, seeing the ratings impact and the other networks wave the white flag on Tuesdays and Wednesdays is more fun than watching the show itself.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Did we mention that Ms. Underwood is quite fetching ...

Here's why I'lll watch probably every episode of AI: I miss Dr. Romano. There are few things as entertaining as a guy who is always right and pissing everyone around him off. Simon Cowell is the closest thing to a suitable replacement on network TV.
    that, and my wife lords over the remote to the best TV in the house ...

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hell no. Clay Aiken is KD Lang.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Living in the Boston area, I've kind of had enough of Ayla Brown.
    Yeah, she's good-looking, can sing well (or so I'm told, I've never heard her) and is a decent basketball player (she did get a scholarship to play at BC), but I've seen enough of her.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

yadda.. yadda.. pictures

12. Madhavok

When I get home, which should be 10 minutes, I'll do the honors.

Draft saved Draft deleted