1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kellen Winslow Jr. career over?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 19, 2007.

1. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

From the report I read, it is unnamed sources.

Still, to hear this, does not surprise me one bit.

O.I.C.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Yeah, I've watched him play. The numbers don't lie. He's still young, but there have been hundreds of guys like him in the NFL who look like a million bucks but never back it up with numbers.

Get back to me when he actually does something.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, his father is a Mizzou man. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :D

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hard to see him play when he misses most of two seasons.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Was the sugery done at Walter Read?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

To say he's not a hell of a player is either complete ignorance or just insanity. The guy caught 80-some passes last year while playing on one leg. He was never much of a blocking TE to begin with, but he looked much worse this year because he was a guy who played his ass off with a knee injury that ended up being a lot more serious than anyone was letting on. No one is going to do more than an adequate job of blocking when one of your legs is as banged up as his was.

But even still, on pass routes he had few peers among other TEs. He still made some pretty athletic plays, was not plagued by drops the way another top 10 pick from a major college was all year, and was far from the weakest link on offense.

Winslow always backed it up on the field and while he said a bunch of silly things off of it, there was never a question about the effort he put in. In total sum he's no where near the clown Braylon Edwards has been. Take away that stupid motorcyle wreck and he's an amazing player in the NFL. He was still an awfully damn good one this year. And he prepared as well and played as hard as anyone else in the league. Period.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't let your fan allegiances get in the way. It's neither ignorance nor insanity. He's played one season in the NFL. Big fucking deal.

If he wasn't such an asshole, he'd have two seasons under his belt and maybe then we could talk about him being a hell of a player. But he's a stupid solider asshole who likes to do wheelies. He's not a helluva player. Helluva idiot, sure. Hope the douchebag invested well.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

F H, did you cut and paste your answer from the transcription of a Phil Savage news conference? :p

9. Flying Headbutt

I've never had a problem calling someone an idiot when they're an idiot. But I watched enough of Winslow to know what I'm talking about. One injury was an amazing fluke, the other was amazing stupidity. This year he played on one leg and did so at an awfully high level. To say he's not a hell of a player is to cast judgement without ever watching him this year.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

One year. Big deal.

If this website existed 27 years ago, would you be waxing poetic about Joe Charbonneau?

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

HELL YES!!!!!!

12. Flying Headbutt

Sorry, I'll go back to raving about how Johnathan Pappelbon is the next Rollie-fucking-Fingers.

Draft saved Draft deleted