1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Olbermann's turn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 24, 2015.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Nope. Have nothing to prove to anyone. Sorry.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And on it goes ...

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Not here. Posted more than I wanted to already. You'll have to pontificate for both of us.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Giving or raising money for the library doesn't impress me at all. That's what all of Bob Knight's supporters would always point to. Hell, you agree to pay me millions a year, and I'll funnel some back to you, too.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, Knight and Paterno were friends. There was talk that PSU was trying to get him as a hoops coach when he was fired from IU.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think Keith Olbermann is the worst incarnation of the modern day "media star" - a snarky, arrogant prick who really believes he is some sort of voice of God that we all are dying to hear. He is an asshole and his opinions are all so fucking predictable and boring I wish he would go away.

That being said - this is the dumbest suspension I've ever heard of for a media/public figure type.

What the hell did he do that is different than what he does almost daily that warranted a suspension?

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I watch at times for a different viewpoint, but he is pretty high on himself. And this is a ridiculous move. He's ALWAYS a dick, but he could have been smarter than that.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Chose the wrong target. Usually his ire is directed at folks who at least arguably deserve it. This time he chose a group of college students who did nothing other than participate in a charitable fundraiser for pediatric cancer research.

jr/shotglass and Mr. Sunshine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted