1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

keith moon movie project

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Aug 19, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

saw that mike myers is on "letterman" tonight promoting "bastids." so i went on imdb to see what else he might be up to.

still early, but he's listed to play keith moon in possible upcoming bio-pic.

anyone else think he could nail this? ??? ??? ???

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'd be interested to see a Moon biopic as long as Myers doesn't channel too much Garth.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He does seem way too tame to pull off such a character.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well done. :)

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Mike Myers strikes me as a singularly awful choice for this.

If they want someone who could pull it off, top of the list should be Jason Schwartzman. He can act, he looks like Moon, and he happens to be a hell of a drummer -- he was one of the original members of Phantom Planet, and now has a couple of solo albums under the name Coconut Records. He'd be perfect... unless they're looking for Austin Powers holding drum sticks.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

How is any actor going to replicate Moon's drumming style? That seems like an impossibility to me.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Never touch the hi-hat?

9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I had no idea that a Keith Moon biopic is in the works. They should cast Superchunk drummer Jon Wurster as Moon. He bears enogh of a resemblance to Moon and his playing style is reminiscent of Moon's. Check out when he sits in with Guided by Voices during "I Am a Tree" from the Electrifying Conclusion DVD [I tried finding it on Youtube. No dice.] for further evidence.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think any movie where Myers is playing someone other than a British spy or voicing a big green ogre screams epic fail.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Bolo Yeung makes a good start here......

[​IMG]

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I think that's been a possible upcoming picture for like 10 years. As Myers's career keeps plummeting, I've heard less about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted