1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Foulke retiring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 16, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Indians/Cavs/Browns flagship station WTAM just announced Keith Foulke will announce his retirement.

http://www.wtam.com/pages/indians.html

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

And Joe Borowski just became a very popular player in AL-only leagues.

3. busuncle

busuncle Member

As an Indians fanboy looser, I frequently visit a Tribe message board. Some random guy posted that he was in a golf tournament in Arizona with Foulke, and that Foulke had said his elbow was hurting him and he wouldn't be ready for spring training. Of course, this poster was roundly ridiculed. After all, why would Foulke tell some perfect stranger about his personal medical condition?

Score one for the message boards, I guess.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

He and that changeup made a big difference in 2004. Good to see you don't always need to throw 95+ to close.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

And this is worth a separate thread...why?
    There's a hot stove thread for minor news items like this.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Because it's Keith (mf expletive) Foulke.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You mean fifth, because the Royals are going to get much better this season. [/hopelessly optimistic :D ]

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

When the Royals opened 10-35 last season, that included a 5-4 mark against the Tribe. So yeah, KC can still beat other lousy teams.

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I disagree. An All-Star closer and member of the 2004 BOSTON RED SOX!!!!!!! retires, it deserves its own thread.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Second-best player on that team that October, barely behind Ortiz. Without Foulke, the Sox are 0-for-87.

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

It seems that effort though, basically ended his career. I'd wonder if he'd say it was worth it.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cuz it was almost 12:30 a.m. EST when I heard it on the radio, close to deadline for any paper remotely interested, and I figured maybe nobody knew!

Maybe the Tribe should stop trying to squeeze one more year out of these broken down horses. At least they got one at-bat out of Juan Gonzalez two years ago!

Draft saved Draft deleted