1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Ellison the first Muslim to be elected to Congress!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RAMBO, Nov 8, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The "body count" is irrelevant to my post or to the issue.

I said, (try and pay attention) that the Bible waving fundamentalist Baptists and their ilk who want to force their twisted views of Christianity into all aspects of North American society are a bigger threat to our values than whatever the Islamic fundamentalists could achieve.

Your paranoia about the Muslims means you don't see the insidious nature of the holy rollers.

You only have to look at someone like Ashcroft to realise that the nutbar Muslims have nothing on this guy.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Here's one:

[​IMG]

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

apples and oranges [/hondo]

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo seems to have forgotten the history of his Deep South.

[​IMG]

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Wow ... where di you find that picture of Robert Byrd? Damn that's cruel to drag out his past JR! Cruel!

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Was actually not beheaded, just shot, mutilated, beaten and dumped in a river. I'm sure somebody would call it apples to oranges though.

I'd just like to see Hondo, et al tell me the last time somebody was beheaded in this country by a muslim.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

That we may never know.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The only thing fundamenlist Christians do -- in this day and age -- is annoy people. They're not out there killing anywhere near the scale of fundamentalist Islamics.

Funny you people should dredge up stories from the 1930s about the Klan, ect. Every time I bring up Bill Clinton in making a political argument (and his White House tenure was of much more recent history), I get angry responses that I'm not allowed to bring up what happened in the past to offer perspective on the present.

That fact that someone would bring up the Klan, with Robert Byrd on your side of the aisle, is plain dumb.

And back to my original question, for which I didn't even demand an immediate answer, since the new Congress won't be sworn in until Jan. 3: how will Keith Ellison balance his stance on issues and the demographics of his district against his religion? Amazing how you people can take a poltical question and try to claim I'm fomenting some kind of hatred for anyone -- which no on has ever been able to prove.

Come up with one post where I said all Muslims were evil or murderers. On the contrary, I've taken great pains to point out that it's a small minority doing this.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Nice way to put it CHUCK.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

WOW, I'm shocked I thought my Robert Byrd joke was funny. I must have Kerry'd that one to get no response.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's not that it wasn't funny....the flame-throwers on this thread aren't going to acknowledge the painful truth.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

JR, if white Southerners are to bear the guilt of the Klan forever, should most Canadians by forever condemed because of the ethnic cleansing in Acadie Nova Scotia?

Draft saved Draft deleted