1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Ellison the first Muslim to be elected to Congress!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RAMBO, Nov 8, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Neither Chaka Fattah, D-Pa or Kweisi Mfume, D-Md were Muslim?

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thank you Yab.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i don't think it's the ear. it's the whole fuckin' kitten (kaboodle)

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry to delay, but I have a real job....

In answer to one question, yes I have a problem with politicans claiming to be devout Catholics but who support abortion rights. However, I give them credit for representing their constituents (Teddy Kennedy springs to mind).

But in light of the fact that polls of Muslims in the U.S. identify themselves as Muslims first and Americans second, I'm only wonder how Mr. Ellison will vote on key issues. I haven't even passed any judgment on him or his religious beliefs. The good people of his district have spoken. Unlike many liberals, who disparage people for voting their conscience when they vote Republican, I won't question someone's right to vote for whom they want. (One poster on another thread on SportsJournalists.com recently referred to the "idiot swath who voted for George W. Bush twice and his father twice).

Simple question: Will Ellison remain true to the stances he took on his web site and during the campaign, or will he vote on the basis of his faith?

That's not a question that is critical of Muslims in any way. Only asking a question.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yes, we all have real jobs. Does your declaring that make you special?

Give us proof of your poll.

Don't care one way or the other--just curious.

6. HoopsMcCann

mr. big-shot with a job, have you asked it of any other of the newly-elected? or just non-christians?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, I just got home from my real job but I'm no longer wasting my energy on Mr. I Hate All Muslims.

8. HoopsMcCann

there's quite a few of those on this board. they have a nice little party going... that's why i usually skip these threads

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The irony is that radical fundamentalist Christians from the Deep South are as dangerous to traditional North Amrerican values as the radical Muslims that Hondo is railing against.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

That statement is what makes you a complete moron. Just unbelievable you'd equate the threat of fundamentalist Christians with the threat of radical Muslims, who seek not to convert, but to kill. What an idiot.

11. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I couldn't agree more.

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Draft saved Draft deleted