1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keg at work

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah you kept that picture then ...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. Yes I did. The ones from high school, too.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Hahahahaahaha ... oops!

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The company for which I work now used to have Beer Fridays, from 4-5:30 p.m. each Friday. Two-beer limit, but it was the perfect way to get started on the weekend.

Then we created an HR department.

Then Beer Fridays stopped.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

A place I used to work would have a case of beer around Friday afternoons...it was sports radio so Saturday was a crazy day. It was almost a "relax before the big stress day" atmosphere.

6. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

I learned how to drink Scotch at a magazine I edited in the 80s. 5 o'clock would roll around and the publisher broke out the good stuff. Happened a couple of times a week.

The mag went out of business, but at least I learned how to drink an adult beverage.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've never had beer in the office, but I have drank while covering golf tournaments and then gone back to the office to finish my shift. I've also been at a bar near my office when something major happened and we had to scramble back to work and do a makeover.

8. We had a cooler full of beer on my last day at my college paper. Cracked them open as soon as the paper was put to bed and then we hit golf balls off the top of the building.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'd like to see this implemented at my paper. Stat.

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

My paper occasionally has events (for promotions, awards and the like) where beer and wine is served. It used to be a full bar, but that's been gone a couple years.
    I will say that despite all the cuts and everything, we're pretty much treated like grown-ups where I work.

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Last summer, after we had finished our busy season, management took us out to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant and bought us all margaritas and beer. Then they gave us movie tickets and vouchers for popcorn and Cokes and I took my tipsy ass to see "Talladega Nights"

Draft saved Draft deleted