1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

keepmikeshula.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bill Horton, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have to admit, from afar, that totally rings true about Auburn. And the comparison to No. 2 schools is interesting.

The penis envy seems to skip some areas.

I don't sense an overriding obsession among Purdue fans about Indiana, I mean, they don't like each other, but it never reaches obsessive paranoia. When I've been in Iowa, I've never sensed it with Iowa State and Iowa (probably helps they're in different conferences). Kentucky and Louisville hate each athletically, but there's not an overriding sense that one school is superior to the other, I've always thought that boiled down to a big city vs. rural thing.

But Auburn, NC State, Michigan State? There's definitely some penis envy going on that seems bigger than athletics.

I'd be curious to know about some other two-school state dynamics (from major conferences, don't bring Ohio State vs. Ohio U to the table). Oregon? Mississippi? Kansas? Colorado? Virginia?

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ah, a man after my own heart.
    The Tide will rise again.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Heh heh. Heh. He said penis. She said rise.

Heh heh.

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Brilliant.

Draft saved Draft deleted