1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keeping a hand in the game

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, Jul 3, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

waylon, no offense but you might need new friends. i heard occasional jokes and wisecracks from people who i knew casually when i told them i was going to law school but i never felt i had to apologize to people who actually knew me.

despite the profession's terrible image, the majority of this country's million lawyers are just regular people making a living. the profession attracts a lot of assholes because of the high salary ceiling and theoretical power to be an asshole to others. but if you look closely at what most lawyers do, it's just the ordinary stuff of day in and day out commerce and living - wills, real estate transactions from residential sales to commercial development planning, corporate acquisitions, lawsuits for people who are injured and/or wronged, criminal defense and prosecution, collections, regulation, navigating government red tape, etc. people do wrongs to each other every day - especially in the business world - and those people need lawyers to help them.

2. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

So some adivce. I am 30, going to law school too late? Just no upward mobility in business anymore.

3. jfs - I'm 30, as well.

It may actually help us in admissions. Slightly, because it's primarily a numbers game, but help nonetheless.

Draft saved Draft deleted