1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keep TracFone just in case, or let it expire?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I bought a TracFone in the interim when I didn't have a cell phone at all 14 months ago. I've hardly used it, and not at all in the past 10 months. It expires Wednesday if I don't add minutes to it. It has about 45 minutes left.

Is there a good reason to renew? If I don't, and later I need it, can I bring it back from the dead? Should I save it, so if my BlackBerry craps out, I can put the SIM card from it inside the TracFone, or would that do nothing?

I'm curious if anyone has faced this. My deadline is almost here, and I have no idea what the pros and cons are. I doubt I could get anyone to buy it for anything worth going through the effort of selling it.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Let it expire. TracFones suck.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Throw it away unless you need it for some discreet purpose.

4. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Make a 45-minute call and then be done with it.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I have owned a trac fone since 2001 and I'm more than pleased. I don't need the bells and whistles. I just need it to talk to whomever I want when I want, and for those to get in touch with me when I am away from a land line.

Draft saved Draft deleted