1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keep the ACC tournament in Greensboro

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Feb 22, 2007.

1. chester

chester Member

Amen at the mention of Kentucky as an ACC school. When I attended there, I always joked that the SEC and ACC should have made a trade, sending FSU to the football-mad SEC while basketball-crazed UK would have fit in nicely in the ACC. It seemed like a natural switch to me.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's far from being a stupid blanket statement to point out that they play very good basketball in Kentucky, Indiana, California, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, etc. North Carolina didn't invent the sport and it's not the only place where the game is played well.

3. hondo's right.
    But keeping the ACC tournament in NC somewhere doesn't sound too bad to me.
    You want to hear whining, wait'll they have the tournament in Boston.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

But the above statement is exceedingly stupid when none of the contingent from North Carolina on this board ever got on a soapbox about this in the first place. It's taken seriously in the state, but it's you who drug this other crap into the argument, not any of us.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

As somebody pointed out to me, Maryland also won the ACC Tournament in 1984. That year it also was in Greensboro.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter that other teams won the tournament while in North Carolina. What matters is that there are teams in the ACC outside North Carolina that deserve a shot to host that tournament every now and then, if they have the desire and the resources to do so.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

To be fair, there's only been two Virginia teams in the ACC for three years now.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Frank McGuire would turn in his grave.

9. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Let's strike a deal:

The tourney can stay in GBoro, but no more teal and purple floors.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Aren't they talking about having the ACC baseball tourney in Fenway Park?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Already a done deal.

May 17, 2006

BOSTON (AP) -The Atlantic Coast Conference baseball tournament is heading to Fenway Park.

The league will play its 2009 championship in the home of the Red Sox and down the street from the ACC's newest member, Boston College. It will be the first league tournament to be held in Boston since BC joined the conference in 2005.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Are you kidding? That's what makes it Greensboro! It combines the festive elements of Mardi Gras and asshole NBA owner.

Draft saved Draft deleted