1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keep Reaching for the Stars: American Top 40, 50 years ago

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by maumann, Oct 3, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Making a Spotify playlist takes 15 mins;

Making a mixtape just right took all night. (Which song goes first?)

garrow, I Should Coco and maumann like this.
  2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The estate going to auction March 17.

Casey Kasem rose to fame as America’s favorite Top-40 DJ and as the original voice of the iconic character “Shaggy” from the classic television series, Scooby-Doo. His wife Jean Kasem is recognizable for her recurring role as Loretta Tortelli on the hit series, Cheers, and in the spin-off series, The Tortellis. Both Casey and Jean were also well-known Hollywood socialites and philanthropists who freely donated their time and efforts to support numerous causes.

Event Details

garrow likes this.
  3. Machine Head

4. Machine Head

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn, there was a whole lotta stuff in their house....I'd just like an autographed 8 x 10 B&W of Casey....that'd be my wish.

6. Machine Head

7. Machine Head

8. Machine Head

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Skimming through that catalog, I'd forgotten that Casey was a guest star on Hawaii Five-0:

HAWAII FIVE-0: LETTERS, CALL SHEET, AND PLANE TICKET

If memory serves, he was the owner of a store that sold radios that had drugs smuggled in them, or something like that. (I watched most of the original shows on MeTV and/or DVDs a few years back)

Always enjoyed the original series, and the array of guest stars you could try to spot. And the fact that all of the cops wore three-piece suits in the heat and humidity of Oahu.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Among the first things they changed in the reboot.

Liut likes this.
  11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Wasn’t there an old clip of him doing drops for the various stations and one of them was listen at 2 am to American Top 40 on K-something in Portland, Oregon Who the eff is listening at 2:00?

12. Machine Head

Could be, the tape rolls on..

Draft saved Draft deleted