1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keep Princecreole in your thoughts, please

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Aug 28, 2008.

1. KG

KG Active Member

Your great news made me tear up all over again. Congratulations!

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

Wow. Hang in there. As the daddy to a beautiful and so far healthy nine-month old girl, I can't begin to envision the level of anxiety you're facing, despite the good news. Cherish every moment with your little guy.

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Excellent news, King. I'm still pullin' for the royal family, hoping the news gets even better than that.

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Wonderful news, King. I guess now we pray for the doctors to figure it out.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Great news King, you guys are still in my thoughts and prayers.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I guess the next step is our pediatrician wants to do some kind of genetic testing. ???

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

King, I just saw this thread for the first time a few minutes ago. My prayers and thoughts from here on out, but it was great to see the prince does not have CF.

Keep us posted and be heavy on the hugs to the prince.

8. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

My heart with you and yours.
    Back in my days as a cop writer before I was married, etc., things like this never really hit me on a personal level.
    But now, with three kids -- 5, 3 and 3 months -- I cannot take hearing this from anyone. No parent should outlive thier children and no one should ever have to deal with these kind of hardships. Hell, I can't even read the news anymore; just today a story on mom in Ohio who microwaved her baby, another on a dude who beat his kid to death years ago and kept his mummified body in a storage bin in his living room for 3 years and a third on a dude in Muncie, Ind. who was a former soldier who forced his daughter to stab the family cat to death so she could understand what it was like to kill.
    I used to laugh at my dad for his rants on the good ole days, but damn, I would give anything to be able to transport my family back to the 50's so I wouldnt have to worry about all the crap out there.
    Now that my rant is over, Creole, hug him, love him and be his No. 1.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

whew
    Great News!
    Hang in there

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's got to be tough for you -- you're so happy to know what it's not, but so frustrated that you still don't know what it is.

My best friend from high school recently discovered that both his little girls have CF, and I'm glad you don't have to go down that road. But I hope you do get a satisfactory answer soon so that you don't have to see your child suffer. Best to you.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

This is the best news I've read all day that the Prince doesn't have that.

Give the Prince, the Queen and the Princesses a hug for me.

Oh....and with my expertise in advanced medical procedures, I can make the 3-hour trek, and check him out for myself.

:)

All kidding aside; After a day as traumatic as this, you need a little something to make you smile. Keep a positive attitude about this that the good doctors there will find a cure for whatever is ailing the little man, and be there for your entire family.

I've had the privilege of working with king for a couple of years, and have had the privilege of knowing him and his family longer than that, and can honestly tell you he would lie down on the tracks for any of his family.

Just reading about little dude being sick makes it all dusty in here.

All thoughts and prayers being sent not only to you and your family, but also to the doctors that they find a cure.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Great news, king. I know you won't rest easy until you find out. Here's hoping it's nothing serious.

Draft saved Draft deleted