1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keep digging that hole, Mr. Gibson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boomer7, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Meanwhile, John Gibson's boss flat-out lies to the Boston Globe. The two last sentences are about as audacious as it gets. (Where does he think Olbermann got his format from, anyway?)

Q: Fox News Channel really distinguished itself in the marketplace with commentary. Can we assume the Fox Business Network will include opinions, too?

A: We had two types of shows. We had opinion shows and hard news. We have the same thing in business. Every cable network has that. The broadcast networks put their opinion in the news and try to pretend that it's not opinion. And some of the cable networks, such as MSNBC, have their opinion people actually anchor the news. We don't do that. We have the separation of church and state.

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2007/10/14/fox_has_big_plans_for_business_news/

2. is there anything worse than political radio/cable news personalities (on either side of the political spectrum)?

if i woke up tomorrow to learn they all were wiped off the face of the earth, i'd throw a fuckin party

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

John Gibson was an assclown at MSNBC, too.

04 July 1997: The Mars Pathfinder probe makes a successful landing on Mars, rolling out the Sojourner wheeled robot to explore the red planet. CNN and Fox are all over this ... and John Gibson is doing live wall-to-wall coverage of the 50th anniversary UFO crash festival from Roswell, N.M. All fucking day.

Fuckabuncha John Gibson. He's not worth mentioning anywhere on this board.

4. What's most amazing to me is he apparently thought it was so clever, he repeated it about what, 27 times?
    Based on what he said here and all the other stuff also noted -- assuming it's all true -- the guy is completely ignorant and should lose his job.
    How does someone so uninformed get such a big gig? Oh wait, it's Fox News. Nevermind.

5. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Geez, what a flaming asshole that guy is.

I'll bet, behind the locked, barricaded doors at his upscale mansion, he's as racist as a soft, flabby, prep-school whiteboy racist can get. And he probably thinks he's some kind of stud in the bedroom.

I hope his wife is screwing anyone she can.

Draft saved Draft deleted