1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keep digging that hole, Mr. Gibson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boomer7, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I remember when this guy was on MSNBC -- seemed like an actual human being. Now ... he's something significantly less. Read the whole thing (especially the "ooga booga fever" line).

http://mediamatters.org/items/200710110004

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, the vast majority of troubled punks who shoot their classmates tend to be white.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Sigh...just another Fox News lackey...none of this can surprise me anymore.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The young black male on young black male murder rate is extraordinarily high, but off school grounds.

But anyone who thinks the cost of having civilian access to firearms to worth the price, ought tobe shot with their guns.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fix, h-a. Don't want to deny the hip-hoppers their due.

6. It is Not About Race.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The shooter's name was Asa Coon.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"I shining my nine!"

I am not certain whether Mr. Gibson is a racist or a complete idiot. Or both.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I knew it wasn't an Asian because the gun wasn't a calculator.

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I'm trying to think of a context in which that comment would be meaningful, or humorous, under the circumstances.

Nope.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love how the guy seems to think he is really clever by figuring out the guy was white because he offed himself.

See, he's not just prejudiced against blacks -- he's prejudiced against whites, too.

It's a difficult balancing act, but he manages it.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

And when the guy trying to make that point on his radio show is off on a tangent about his prognostication skills as to the race of a school shooter, the point is lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted