1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keep an eye on this slow-developing storm, East Coast folks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

So you mean, I may not be able to return back? Well, that is a win-win situation for me. Thanks Mystery!

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

JD, if you have not seen this already, I think you will really like it.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Brad Pitt in Ocean's Eleven: "I had never been to Belize."

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Cantore's a wuss. Belize was 500 miles from where the eye came onshore. Once Belize City was out of the landfall cone, he should have hoofed it over to Cabo de Gracias a Dios or whatever that town in Nicaragua is called, shacked up in a mud hut and given us the REAL scoop.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Should I be able to get out of Raliegh, N.C. by plane on Sunday night?

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Way too early to tell. Pretty much everyone on the East Coast has a chance at being affected. If I had to take a guess, Raleigh on Sunday night will probably be okay, but that depends on how soon this thing starts moving towards the coast and what kind of intensity it'll be. I suspect the Carolinas are the most likely target, but that could mean a typical OBX storm (moving anywhere from NNW to NNE), which would spare Raleigh. You may have a lot of company at RDU, though.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

OBX, here we come.

[​IMG]

8. DEB

DEB Member

Well, forget the storm folks...bigger problems at Stanfield International Airport:

http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/857551.html

This is scary and I talked to Cansportschick on this phone this morning. She is scared to go on her flight to New York.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is "Westjet" Canadian for "Valuejet"?

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

From weather.com

11. markvid

markvid Guest

When on a plane, stay in your seat, stay buckled. Period.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Which is why my home area (Hampton Roads) is going to get caught with its collective shorts down one year. Their experience with hurricanes have been storms working around the west side of the Bermuda high, making landfall on the Outer Banks and moving N to NNE, giving them the western (weaker) side of the storm, and usually one that's a bit weaker than it was at landfall, depending on where it makes landfall. It's been a long time since a major storm made an approach from the southeast, making a direct hit in Virginia Beach and giving them the dread northeast eyewall. When they happens, they won't know what to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted