1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KCsj.com help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

There's a new bar across the street from it called Willies and its already open. Good food at least here in Columbia.

2. Garth Brooks is playing NINE concerts in KC? Really?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I might be a little biased because I worked there one summer, but down the road at 600 Southwest Boulevard is Rosedale Barbecue. A little further away from the Sprint Center, but at least it's in the ballpark.

You can't go wrong with the place that serves root beer and RC Cola as its main drinks. ;D

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He's coming out of retirement to play the concerts. He was only supposed to play one, but it sold out in like five minutes, so he added six more. When those sold out in about 15 minutes, he added the last two. The one I'm going to is one of those last two he added. It's ironically the first concert, but the second to last one he decided to play.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Why would you put yourself through the misery of a Garth Brooks concert?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because my wife likes country music. She tried to convince me to go. Wasn't happening.

Makes for interesting car trips. She likes country, Billy Joel and Anna Nalick. I like Kanye, Talib Kweli and Pink Floyd. Luckily, we're usually in my truck for the long trips, so I win. Actually, most of the time we usually compromise and listen to sports talk radio, but I digress ...

Draft saved Draft deleted