1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KC Star columnist victim of an unethical cheap shot

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shaggy, Aug 24, 2009.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We can only assume greggdoyel registered his outrage over the posting of the idiot's e-mail address in order to prompt someone to note the irony, seeing as how greggdoyel once dug up the personal information of one of his e-mail correspondents and posted it in a mailbag column for the world to see. (Or at least that part of the world that would read his mailbag column.) Here's the SJ thread on it, titled "Doyel looks up hate-mail authors and posts personal facts in reply column":

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/32637/

Anyone else in the world would be embarrassed to have his hypocrisy is revealed. But greggdoyel GETS NOTICED! HE CREATES BUZZ! PEOPLE ARE TALKING! And there you have it: In the contest for biggest douche between the KC columnist, the flack and the blogger, the winner is ... greggdoyel.

2. Really?

Speaking of hypocritical ... ::)

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I think e-mailing her is fair game, since she put this in the public arena.

I think going to her boss to recommend she be fired is way over the line, very weasel-like behavior.

Sounds like the KC columnist is one of those self-important doofuses who, if he were introduced at something as casual as a backyard cookout as a "Star reporter" would quickly correct the person: "You mean columnist."

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

How so?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Perhaps asking for her firing is over the top. But expressing our outrage at this is not wrong. It's what people do when they see things done unfairly.
    I've done my part and taken down her email address.
    But I promise you this, don't practice what you preach and I will lead the angry mob with torches to the school board building.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oops. Forgot. :) :) :) :) :)

7. greggdoyel

greggdoyel Member

Yup. I didn't make it onto the school board. Yet another epic failure in the life of Greg Doyl.

8. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Quite possibly the best post I've ever seen on this site.

9. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Uuh .... did you just spell your own name wrong?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's the joke, newbie. Christ. He also misspelled his first name.

And if the above, while well-reasoned and definitely valid, point is quite possibly the best you've ever seen on this site...one would assume this was the only thread you'd ever opened.

11. Editude

Editude Active Member

Again, standards are being lowered on many levels because of (or thanks to) the accessibility of the Internet. Condescending in a cover letter is a waste of everyone's time.

12. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

You're almost as funny as ghregge dhoyelle

Draft saved Draft deleted