1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KC Star columnist DB's himself

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 12, 2016.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Not firing worthy, IMO, but a sitdown should be in order.

Surprised the Star didn't just pull the whole thing from their site. Their explanation rings a little hollow, that they just republished it with updated stats.

First, why is it so important to update stats and republish that pretty blah column on baseball and RBIs in the middle of February? Second, they didn't republish the column. He rewrote it, with most of the same points and anecdotes and they published it.
    Finally, it wasn't a good column in the first place, whether it's a fanboi-type effort or not.

I'd guess this will end the column-writing days of this editorial cartoonist. No columns and no press pass (which will probably hurt him most of all).

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'm not terribly upset about it because Judge isn't Mellinger or Gregorian.

I'll read just about anything that has to do with the Royals and I find Judge's columns interesting as I may pick up a tidbit here or there. Yet I don't go to any of his work expecting very much, either.

Perhaps I would be more ticked off if I was a paying customer who gets the print edition of the Star at my front doorstep each day. With this, I say "meh" and move on.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted