1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kazemi's story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tucsondriver, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

Just saw an item on espn.com about Sahel Kazemi. Her story's is pretty remarkable too, according to this report. She's an Iranian immigrant who follows the Baha'i faith. Her mother was killed in Iran, where those who follow the faith are persecuted. (BTW, Khalil Green is a Baha'i too). She was 17 when she moved to Nashville with her boyfriend, working 2 to 3 jobs to support herself. I generally don't find murder-suicide culprits sympathetic, and obviously McNair's killing was nothing less than a tragic. Still, it's hard not to feel for this girl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4318529

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Apparently, she didn't follow the Baha'i faith very closely.
    I don't think adultery and murder are endorsed.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

so for most of their time together the h.s. dropout she was a 19-year-old. c'mon, age diff defenders, but what was mcnair doing chasing this skirt?

there's no defending what she did. but the more i learn the more i come to the conclusion that mcnair was a complete asshole.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

McNair was a player. Simple as that. He fed this woman line after line of shit and it worked. And then he fed his wife different lines of shit. And now possibly a third woman. Does it justify him being murdered? No. But eventually bullshit will catch up to you.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

McNair was a player. He did what countless other guys, jocks, journalists, businessmen, do everyday. The exception is that he got caught and ultimately paid a high price.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

She probably never fully had the chance to deal with her mother's death. Might have led her to be fatalistic about her own future.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

just my contention he rolled the dice more mightily than most by picking a 19-year-old with all kinds of issues.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ultimately paid a high price? Nice way to pay homage to the cliche yet not use it.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

It is what it is Ace.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The issues could be why he seemingly was pushing her away. That being said, if you get involved with a married man, don't be surprised if he cheats on you to.

11. doctorx

doctorx Member

About 30 at funeral today in Orange Park, Fla., per AP

Draft saved Draft deleted