1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katz: Cheer up, state of Michigan, Beilein's boys are here to save you

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Starman, Nov 21, 2008.

1. FuturaBold

FuturaBold Member

+1

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That could be a whole new thread...
    I would wish Ed Martin, Scott Mitchell, Dennis Rodman, Hootie Johnson and Mateen Cleaves

3. not a surprise at all, no one expects any better out of cmu fan anyway. school pride? fuck that when you can bandwagon the school you had no shot at getting in anyway, even when all of your athletic programs, save hockey, are better than the big toilet in AA.

fuck central.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed with fuck Central, but I think the program is in better shape in Ann Arbor.
    As much as I love Jay Smith (and lust his wife) he didn't help the basketball program in Mt. Dismal.

Can't get into Sparty? have we got a campus for you...

5. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Well, this will be a good year for the directional fans then, because the Wolverines might be the third best basketball team in the state this year, behind Michigan State and Oakland.

(OK, maybe OU is #3 with Derick Nelson out for 6-8 weeks, but it still might be close. This is the best team in school history.)

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Back to the original post, Michigan beat UCLA but looked like total shit against Duke. I should be punished for TiVo-ing that game and watching it at 1 a.m. last night.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sheesh, Ohio State scored only 10 less points against Michigan's football team than UCLA did against the basketball team.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, but Ohio State ran a better transiiton game

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hey McNulty,

Why don't you tone it down a bit. Last time I checked, UM football is the only program that doesn't have a step on Central and that's only this year.

But way to lump everything together and pretend you know what you're talking about.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Oh the age old joke.

What do Central students and State students have in common?

They both got into State.

Seriously though, CMU has a really good jschool.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Seriously. No.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Did Katz write this lede after the 2001 World Series? Curious, since Katz's tying in the Big Three's troubles to a basketball story is reaching at best. I've seen too many ledes like his and the one I made up below which seem creative at first, but tie in two events that aren't related.

New York's mourning continues close to two months after Sept. 11 as the Arizona Diamondbacks did what seemed to be the impossible – strike the Yankees at its heart.

Arizona won Game 7 and captured its first World Series – in its fourth year of existence – by scoring twice off of the previously untouchable Mariano Rivera.

Draft saved Draft deleted