1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kato Kaelin Alert!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by healingman, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Hell no.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There's more than a part of me.. I'm sorry he murdered your son and I want OJ behind bars too, but enough with the attention whore... no one is going to forget your son, but Fred's annoying as hell...

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think Fred's an attention whore, I just think he's a greedy bastard seeking to profit from his son's death (much worse, IMHO). It was one thing when he was trying to get every dime he could from OJ because, while he's clearly benefiting from that, the argument could be made that his real interest was in hurting OJ the only way possible, in his wallet.

That's why I was perfectly fine with him purchasing the rights to OJ's book at first, thinking he'd never let it see the light of day and OJ wouldn't profit a nickel from it. But the second he decided to sell the book anyway, he began profiting from his son's murder and, frankly, it sickens me.

He already stopped OJ from profiting off the book. His decision to sell it himself is pure greed.

To paraphrase Stu Scott, Fuck that guy.

PS - What the fuck was Anderson Cooper doing asking one of the Brown girls last night, "What do you think happened?" in reference to the recent robbery? How the fuck does she know what the fuck happened?

[/end rant]

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Count me as #4 on the list wishing that Denise and Fred would go away, live their lives, and once and for all turn the fucking page and move on.  It's been 13 years and sadly Fred and Denise still act like O.J. murdered Nicole and Ron yesterday, this morning, later tonight, and, in essence, every day of the week.

It's no wonder why the idiots and the buffoons we call Lance Ito, Marcia Clark, Chris Darden, and others like Robert Shapiro have laid low for the most part since '94.  They knew there 15 minutes were up.  The only time anyone would call them, it's Greta, Nancy, Uncle Larry, and the stooges on cable news.

It would have helped the Goldmans if they considered channeling all of that anger and hard-on for Orenthal and used it as a campaign against violence, as what Denise Brown has done with combatting violence against women.  BigPern is right: that's not enough for Fred to hit O.J. in the wallet.  He want him in jail, not for robbery or doing something stupid, but for the death of their son.  Unless there is a miracle and the knife shows up, O.J. isn't going to spend one day in prison for murder. 

Robbery?  It sure as hell sounds like it, if these charges stick on his once-elusive, Hertz commercial chair-jumping ass. 

Fred, you are not going to profit one penny from selling O.J.'s book, because no one is going to buy it. 

Count me out in watching Uncle Larry and his nightly train wreck of a show to bring that fucking circus back into the circulation. 

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Really hot: Ron Goldman.

Hot: Kato.

There. I said it.

Then again, I also think Scott Peterson is hot as balls.

6. D-3 Fan

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

RON Goldman, D-3. Not Fred.

Ron.

[​IMG]

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Careful there. So did Lacey.

And I've got no problem with whatever Fred Goldman wants to do to vent his anger regarding OJ and the death of his child. It doesn't really matter that it's been 13 years; there is no statute of limitations on missing a loved one. The pain is probably even greater when it's someone young with so much ahead of them who is brutally murdered.

I don't think his main objective is to profit from this. I do agree he'd like nothing more than to have OJ in jail where he belongs. But, in lieu of that, I think his focus is on making life as uncomfortable for OJ as possible and that's the driver behind his behavior.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

At least John Walsh did something positive from his anger and his loss.

10. D-3 Fan

Now you see how my memory is really bad after 13 years. Mistaking Ron for his old man.

Sorry, dear madam. I stand corrected. :) Please pull out your silk gloves and slap me across the face.

11. D-3 Fan

And that is point. Chasing O.J. around forever will not ease his pain, regardless if he's making life uncomfortable for Simpson. Secondly, harboring all of that anger will eventually kill Fred in the long run, because he's consumed by the negativity of what happened and it's consumed him as a person. He's obsessed with it. He doesn't have a life outside of it.

He has a right to do what he feels necessary to gain some measure of revenge, but publishing that book will not help him get more sympathy votes than he already has, and some people have stopped feeling sorry for him several years ago.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

NEW YORK (AP) — With O.J. Simpson in jail on charges of robbery and other felonies, the best-selling book about his alleged murder confession is getting a second printing.

Beaufort Books has commissioned an additional 50,000 copies of Simpson's "If I Did It," the ghostwritten account of how the ex-football star would have murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. The book, which came out last week and on Tuesday ranked No. 2 on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com, now has 200,000 copies in print.

Draft saved Draft deleted