1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Nolan, the NFL and Sports Media

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Sep 9, 2014.

1. That was my take as well.
    The failure to asks the questions was on her. Not Fox. She declined to test the water.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But it's her own employer. How does she know she won't be disciplined for upsetting one of her employer's "partners"?

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Then don't go work for a network that has a billion-dollar relationship with the NFL.

4. She might but ... The fact she didn't try kinda kills her credibility on this piece.
    And it's Fox, right? How many times did the Simpsons tweak the Network?
    Fox also aired this right; Where she called them out for her own shortcoming?

One more thing: The paper I worked at had its sacred cows. And you knew about them up front. They wanted to make sure you were clear on this so you knew going in what you could and could not do.
    I can't imagine other places NOT doing this as well. And instead, letting folks know after the fact (although in Nolan's case she never tried to begin with).

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She's trending on Twitter. Must be important news.

6. Songbird

7. Songbird

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is Anus Tart wearing a blanket, or is that a sweater?

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Nolan said: “I could not be more excited to have a prominent digital presence while also making appearances across ESPN studio programming. When I was a little girl, I always dreamed that one day announcements regarding my specific assignments would be forthcoming.”

That's a weird-ass dream. Then again, I never dreamed of growing up to be a journalist. Or of growing up, period, so.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's a joke. She's cracking wise, because Katie is funny.

And she's going to be great.

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Totally awesome talent. Totally. Totally. Totally. Awesome. Talent. Did I mention she's awesome?

12. Songbird

Team her up with Mike and Jemele.

Draft saved Draft deleted