1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Holmes is a Free Agent

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tripleoption34, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And every time the marriage ended when his wife was 33.

http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/29/12485327-all-three-of-tom-cruises-marriages-ended-when-wife-was-33?lite

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Definitely would have been better if they had kept Katie Holmes, for the reasons you suggested.

And yes, Batman Begins was definitely the better movie.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you break up Pacey and Diane Kruger, my favorite bloggers will cry.

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I think that's where it started to go downhill for her. If she had ended up with Dawson she would have come out of it well-adjusted. Her ending up with Pacey in the finale was like a finale of Futurama where Leela ends up with Zap Brannigan.

or maybe it started to go downhill when she married the crazy guy

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She definitely wouldn't be as famous. It was pretty common knowledge that Cruise was handpicking what parts she could take and with the exception of Batman Begins, which she was horrible in, I can't think of a single big-budget film she's been in since they got married or even hooked up with him.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is he holding auditions for wife No. 4 yet?

I love the timing of announcements like these. He just finished his press tour for Rock of Ages and we now won't see him in public until his next movie comes out in December or so...

Are Will and Jada still together? I can't keep up.

I love hearing celebrities talk about working with or meeting Cruise. They all seem in agreement that he's the nicest guy they ever met, but clearly not from the same planet as the rest of us.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I recall a Page Six (I think) story about the wife auditions. Jennifer Garner, Scarlett, and Jessica Alba were the original choices Cruise was gunning for. IIRC, Garner and Alba shot the idea down immediately. Scarlett thought about it until she learned they would be meeting at the Scientology center.

How the fuck does any of this make sense or actually happen?

8. Was Thank You for Smoking after she was married? Because she was pretty good in that.

9. Hey Diaz!

Hey Diaz! Member

Easy. Tom's potential mate was given the choice of marriage or a "Cocktail" movie marathon.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Do you believe that?

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

A self-proclaimed virgin and a guy reputed to be less than interested in sex is never going to end well.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, no happy ending, as it were

Draft saved Draft deleted