1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Holmes is a Free Agent

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tripleoption34, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It might have killed her acting career, but it made her an A-lister in a way acting was never going to. If she gets married to Chris Klein and has kids, does she end up on 50 covers of US Weekly and dining with the Beckhams?

As for the tell-all book, I would almost guarantee her pre-nump has specific language making something like that pretty costly.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Now, can I go back to saying Katie Holmes is hot without every woman I know responding, "Well, if you like crazy bitches, I guess"?

I still think she would have been the better fit for The Dark Knight than Maggie Gyllenhaal, if only because Gyllenhaal isn't nearly hot enough to realistically get Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent to fall in love with her.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Does this mean Tom and Travolta can finally be together?

4. Double Down

I would agree with all of this. As much as we can all concede Maggie is a considerably superior actress, for whatever reason, she did not fit that role at all. On hotness, or on the actual delivery of lines. I'm not sure anyone could really buy Katie as a tough-as-nails assistant DA, but she was a better love interest.1

1. AndBatmanBeginsisactuallythebettermovie!

Had to be said.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

nah. methinks her acting killed her acting career.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Also, Katie Holmes is good at one thing as an actress: fast banter. (See: Creek, Dawson's.) That's all Rachel Dawes ever did. So yeah, she doesn't come across as intelligent or put together enough to handle that profession, but she would have been better for that movie.

Besides, who doesn't want to see a Scientologist get blown up?

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

The thought of a young child being raised by Cruise alone is frightening. Dakota Fanning could take it; I'm not sure Suri has a chance.

Did those two only reproduce once?

Weren't Holmes' parents against the marriage, or something like that? All the talk jumbles together.

And where is Will Smith in all this? I thought he and Cruise were BFFs.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Very much doubt that Holmes would lose rights or voluntarily give them up. She's the mom and probably spends more time with Suri than Tom.

As for the tell all, since he's the father of her child, I have major doubts she'd tear him down, then again many others have done so before.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

TMZ is reporting she is asking for sole custody.

11. Double Down

Not to seem too giddy, but this is going to be extremely entertaining if that's true, because you know Cruise is not going to let Suri live the rest of her life without regular thetan cleansing.

Can we get Gloria Alred vs. The Church of Scientology, please?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Siri should just be emancipated. Her gig with Apple has to be lucrative.

Draft saved Draft deleted